Tuesday, 21 October 2014

MILK


Fresian, Guernsey, Ayrshire and Jersey
Cows for milking at the dairy

Black and white and brown heffers
Milking farmers are now protesting

Supermarkets take all the profits
And farmers need them to stop it

Milk on the cheap we all enjoy
Doesn't warrant the work they employ

If cows could speak what would they say?
"Give our farmers more profit and pay!"

Pennies and pence is what we are talking about
Not unreasonable farmer's shout

Protest they must to save their livelihood
To continue milking if they could

I enjoy milk in my cuppa
And wouldn't be without what they offer

So farmers have the support from me
They deserve more profit I agree

I couldn't do without my milk
The dairy industry should not sink

Give the farmers what they deserve
Whilst milking their dairy herds!
 
 
©Anne Watmough
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment