Friday, 31 January 2014

The Subjective Nature of News

That’s how you bang on a wall
I thought,
A URL
To a familiar smell

It’s news if it’s on
AOL
Or The BBC

BBC
What’s news to me
my three sprogs
one with a cold
two in the bogs

My eight websites
and my lost phone number
-          my eight websites
and my lost phone number
of poetry and prose
my made-up word
that nobody knows
WYOCHUNG -
the can and the Carlsberg
the thousandth rung
the thousandth rung
up  the mountain of dung

That’s how you bang on a wall
I thought
That should make them
Pause for thought

©Craig Guthrie


Craig is currently the featured writer in issue 36 of Erbacce Magazine. He has recently had work published in Poetry Scotland and Sam Smith's The Journal. His work can be accessed through this link: http://guthrielinks.blogspot.co.uk/

2 comments: