Friday, 7 September 2012

lonesome

since the house become a hollow
the days grown long

the tick of the clock BOOMS

and I find my body no longer cares
to co-ordinate

accurately

drink is my demand
drink is demanding me

the hours and the isolation are lamentable

ah, yes
la, laa la, laa

the drink and I tumble
into the night

ni night

© Philip Johnson

Minimum alcohol price 'would save 50,000 pensioners'

Philip's words have appeared in: The Ugly Tree; Poetry Scotland, Emergency Verse, Write Away, Caught In The Net, Red Pencil, Writer's Hood, Transparent Words;  he works in elder care. 

5 comments:

  1. Dear Philip,

    Nice one, in your usual tone.

    Regards, SK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the opening, very sad
    NL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed this very much - love the economy of words.

    David Subacchi

    ReplyDelete