Monday, 13 February 2012

Whitney Houston

Don’t get me started on Whitney Houston,
the driver says in the taped interview
I used to make my students transcribe –
Paper Two, Discourse Analysis.

The things she’d get up to in the back,
and the day it took to clear up after.
They’d mark the pauses in the prescribed way;
the best would indicate the intonation.

But in their eyes I could read her voice –
And I-e-I-e-I will always love you…..

© Stuart Nunn

Tributes pour in for tragic Whitney Houston
------------------------------------------------------
Stuart is a retired lecturer living in South Gloucestershire. He belongs to Cheltenham Poetry Society and Cherington Poets and contributes regularly to the PK List discussion group.

1 comment:

  1. To view poem tribute to Whitney:

    www.authorthelmacunningham.com

    Author Thelma Cunningham

    ReplyDelete