Wednesday, 1 February 2012

FaceBook






On the Face of it,
what price
the next best thing?

The cost, glitz, glamour
of a public offering,
where sheep clamour
while genuflecting
before the Book?

Caveat Emptor
may mean much more
than current trends
or a billion Friends.


©  Paul Andrew Russell


Facebook IPO will put public markets to shame
------------------------------------------------

 Paul Andrew Russell is a poet and writer who has self published a book of poetry, Pocketful of Words, and two collections of flash fiction. He blogs at:  http://blogpaulandrewrussell.wordpress.com

3 comments:

  1. I would just like to say a big Thank You to the editors for publishing my poem. I hope you enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I DID enjoy reading it! That second stanza was chillingly real to me.

    "... where sheep clamour
    while genuflecting
    before the Book?"

    Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JeannetteLS. I'm glad you liked it.

      The power of social media never fails to amaze me

      Delete