Monday, 23 January 2012

Family Values

I never saw you personally, though
Your mother helped whenever she protested;
I checked on you each time she was arrested;
Her misdemeanours helped me watch you grow.
Bad as it looks, I hope you'll understand.

If I had won our bread some other way,
By slaving in an office every day
Or freedom-fighting in some other land,
My absence would have meant I would be missed.
I do admit I was an absent father.

But surely you don't think that you would rather
Be brought up as a bloody anarchist?

© Philip Challinor

Undercover police had children with activists
-------------------------------------------------------
Philip blogs at 'The Curmudgeon' - He insists, "You'll come for the curses. You'll stay for the mudgeonry." Philip is the author of a number of books.

1 comment:

  1. A missing aspect of the report is how many arrests and prosecutions were made as a result of these covert operations. How much taxpayers' money was wasted in expensive operations of espionage on decent people. I drove the University of Birmingham bus to anti-bloodsport protests and witnessed first-hand the aggressive nature of huntsmen and women and how the police protected the rich and indolent in opposition to poor students who cared about animal rights. The chief of police rode with the hunt.

    ReplyDelete