Friday, 9 December 2011

Well Fair

There was an old man, who had his grey hair;
All along, down along, out along, he
Had worked forty years yet his cupboard was bare,
From big bankers, little wankers,
Hedge funders' little blunders,
And Margaret Thatcher and all,
And Margaret Thatcher and all.

I've worked and I've worked and my payments I've made,
All along, down along, out along, me;
So when shall I see all this money I've paid
For big firms, little worms,
RBS and its mess,
And Hong Kong and Shanghai and all,
And Hong Kong and Shanghai and all?

Alas, said the Chancellor, all of it's gone,
All along, down along, out along, see?
I'll give you no more, but you'll have to work on
For true blue values,
Police mutts, tax cuts,
And jolly old England and all,
And jolly old England and all.

And if, he went on, you want someone to blame
All along, down along, out along, free,
See our public sector at its nasty game:
Teachers, nurses, cut-purses,
Migrant brothers, single mothers,
And students and cripples and all,
And students and cripples and all.

And all of you pensioners with your grey hair;
All along, down along, out along, we
Will work you and freeze you because we must care
For David Cameron, George Osborne, Nick Clegg,
Michael Gove, Andrew Lansley, Vincent Cable,
And Ashcroft and Murdoch and all,
And Ashcroft and Murdoch and all.

© Philip Challinor

New NHS pension offer protects lower paid but puts burden on higher earners
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Philip blogs at 'The Curmudgeon' - He insists, "You'll come for the curses. You'll stay for the mudgeonry." Philip is the author of a number of books.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. The original has been in my head for a while now, for no reason I can discern except possibly as a counter-earworm to Jingle Bells, so I thought I'd get thoroughly into the modern Christmas spirit by flogging the parody of a dead horse.

    ReplyDelete