Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Do Ken and Ryu Cuddle After Fights?

for all who play ‘Street Fighter II’

Do Ken and Ryu cuddle after fights?
They must need comfort after all they face.
Believing this might get me through my nights.

Such pumped testosterone surely invites
the kind of hug some men think a disgrace.
Do Ken and Ryu cuddle after fights?

Do lovely snuggles make them high as kites?
It’s not just brawls, its nuzzles these two chase!
Believing this might get me through my nights.

Can love and anger, both felt at their heights,
give something more than guilt as heartbeats race?
Do Ken and Ryu cuddle after fights?

In my mind’s eye I see such tender sights.
Does Ryu spurt ‘HA...DOU...KEN!’ mid-embrace?
Believing this might get me through my nights.

When I’m alone, my playstation invites
me to a violent, thrilling, frightful place.
Do Ken and Ryu cuddle after fights?
Believing this might get me through my nights.

© Dominic Berry

Violent video games hold hidden benefits
--------------------------------------------------


Winner of Nuyorican Poetry Cafe Slam, author of 'Tomorrow, I Will Go Dancing', Dominic's Arts Council funded poetry show 'Wizard' will tour through 2012, commencing at Manchester's Contact in March.

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Poetry 24- am dead proud to have work up on your wonderful site. Many thanks :) Dominic

    ReplyDelete