Monday, 24 October 2011

The Rider of Fifty Eight














Marco,

you were beautiful, graced

the race track

with your slender, leathered

figure, the interviews with

your shy and smiling

face, your hair a scribbled

signature

to tell the world you

wanted to

stand out and

so you did.



Outstanding for

the life in you, the

drive and verve and

energy as every

nerve and sinew relished

every single minute

of your

too short

existence.

Goodbye.

I never met you, yet

I’ll miss you.



God bless you.

© Jane James

Marco Simoncelli dies after MotoGP crash in Sepang
----------------------------------------------------------------
Jane James lives in Wolverhampton, writes and performs randomly, talks to strangers and dances with fish.

2 comments:

  1. So incredibly sad - he was such a character. Your poem is a wonderful tribute - flows well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gabrielle. In truth, I wasn't really consciously thinking of writing a poem, I was at the computer and suddenly opened a blank page and typed "Marco, you were beautiful" Then I stared at it for a very long time, and the other words started to come. I cried a lot.

    ReplyDelete