Friday, 14 October 2011

Farewell then, Doctor Fox

Farewell then, Doctor Fox! That cunning name
No more shall grace the roster of Dave's Boys
He and his other chubby, cuddly toys
Will doubtless find their lives not quite the same;
For now in Cabinet they'll no more see
That face, that purple rubber pride and prize,
Those jowls a-dangle under piss-hole eyes
Which charmed and held the heart of Werrity.

And yet, this resignation makes you free
To fantasise of flogging feral yobs
And blather of war-games that are not Brit;
I wonder how poor Dave concealed his glee
At hearing your fool friends shoot off their gobs,
And losing such a bumbling little twit.

© Philip Challinor

Liam Fox resigns
---------------------
Philip blogs at 'The Curmudgeon' - He insists, "You'll come for the curses. You'll stay for the mudgeonry." Philip is the author of a number of books.

3 comments:

  1. Not hardly - I've omitted at least one punctuation mark and mis-spelled Werritty. But I think it scores high for elegiac generosity, and I trust I may be permitted a small smug for not having saved it up all through the developing scandal - I didn't honestly think he'd ever go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strong stuff! I like 'fantasise of flogging feral yobs'!

    ReplyDelete