Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Go Now

If you are going, go now; let's not prolong the pain
or pretend that the past means nothing at all.
Oh, I know – go back fifty years and MacMillan
could count on fifty percent, even up there.
But then came the oil, that all too English woman
branding herself British while handbagging the North
and the Left wherever they raised their ruddy heads.
Even I realised you'd had enough by then.
So go with my blessing and I'll reclaim the baggage;
you know it won't go to waste. We'll recycle it down here
where they still fall for it each time in our leafy shires,
so prime for development – but that's another tale.

© David Francis Barker

Scottish Tory leadership favourite 'to split party'
----------------------------------------------------------
David says, 'I try to paint, write poetry, prose, sometimes music - I guess that makes me an artist.'

3 comments:

  1. Spot on, David.
    Fraser says "What we have to do is get many more people elected from Scottish constituencies to support David Cameron and a future UK Conservative government and the best way to do that is to create a new progressive centre-right with a Scottish identity."
    So, ah, we pretend we're different, so we can back the British Tories?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo David - so much content.

    I agree with Hamish - Fraser is being very clever - same product, different packaging.

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. In ten years, even five, where will we be?

    ReplyDelete