Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Raptures past and present...

They said; “if you wake up to find
The faithful have left you behind,
You’ll know that the rapture
Failed to recapture
Your devious Atheist mind!”

So what did I find when I woke
this morning and looked for you folk?
You-all are still here,
not in Heaven, I fear
‘Cause the whole stupid thing is a joke!

It’s clear that the Rapture’s a con,
with so many dates come and gone.
It seems that the grand plan
is worth even less than
the paper it’s all written on!
© Stafford Ray
Deadline passes, world still here
--------------------------------
Writer of musical plays and reading resources for schools. Wannbe novelist, one completed, two more on the way. Poetry happens when moved, limericks when amused (interchangeable).

Blog : StaffordRay

1 comment:

  1. Bwahahahaha - I knew that was you Stafford, before I even read the name of the author. I feel the limerick is eminently suitable for this topic :) Good one!

    ReplyDelete