Thursday, 7 April 2011

Prayer for a Japan





















Bubbling laughter
rips out of me
into words
humming
white scent of incense
I can’t help speaking
I see through petals
centuries old
and my hands clasp
in a prayer for a Japan.
Then something wizened
something blackened
turns to smoke
starts shifting
rips out the heart of laughter
stamps pain on my forehead
with a spring wind
ties my hands
and so dries up
my prayer for a Japan.

© Tatjana Debeljački


Tatjana Debeljački - member of the Association of Writers of Serbia UKS, Haiku Society of Serbia, Writers’ Association Poeta, Belgrade and Croatian Writers’ Association - has published three collections of poetry and blogs at debeljacki.mojblog.rs/

1 comment:

  1. Prayers are not enough, are they!
    Tsunami trumps technology. Time for us all to step back and really think about what we are doing. There will always be tsunamis.

    ReplyDelete