Tuesday, 1 March 2011

I Ran















I ran for President and they said I lost.
I ran a blog when hundreds of thousands of people
came onto the streets and begged me to lead them.
I ran into trouble.

Iran is my homeland.
Iran is a birthplace of civilisation.
Iran of poets and philosophers is hidden.
Iran is in trouble.

I ran Iran in my mind to a better place.
I cannot run.
Iran is my home.
To die at home is the dream of everyone.

© Malcolm Saunders (Malpoet)

Iran: Mir Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi 'arrested'
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Retired, cantankerous, libertarian and occasionally a poet, I am probably malodorous, but seek to avoid being malicious or malevolent so I vent malapert musings through malpoetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment